About the Site
ihelpbanks.com is designed to stimulate conversations about a variety of topics within the bank and credit union industries.
The main focus is marketing of products and services, customer acquisition, product positioning, and social media, but you’ll come to find that the site will bring in a wide variety of articles and opinions from all aspects of the financial services industry.
Essentially, if it involves banks or credit unions in any way, it’s fair game.
Mark Zmarzly helps companies solve their unique customer acquisition, marketing, and sales challenges. His decade of service within the financial services industry has given him the chance to work with a wide variety of organizations in the areas of marketing, copywriting, account management, creative direction, consulting, teaching, and sales. He is also an innovative entrepreneur (www.hippocket.net) and engaging keynote speaker.
Online, Mark is an active researcher and commentator on issues facing the financial industry. Find his insights at www.ihelpbanks.com or on Twitter @BankMarketing. He also regularly speaks at many industry conferences, including the ABA Marketing Conference, BAI Retail Delivery, JD Power & Associates, and the Stonier Graduate School of Banking.
He is a graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with a B.A. in organization communication studies and a M.A. in creative writing (notice his flair for writing in third person!). He is also an honors graduate from the ABA School of Bank Marketing and Management.
Finally, Mark feels it’s important to note that he has a winning personality, a beautiful wife, three loving kids, very nice hair, and is modest as heck. He is also an open networker so connect with him at www.linkedin.com/markzmarzly.
About My Company
Hip Pocket helps financial institutions generate more loans and build trust with both customers and prospects.
Our integrated application resides on the financial institution’s website and helps customers and prospects discover how their current loan products (mortgage or auto for example) compare with a custom-built peer group.
After collecting eight simple data points from the consumer, this unique application is then able to access relevant peer data as well as the financial institution’s current rates to show the consumer two important things:
1. Where the consumer stands now compared with their peers.
2. What the consumer can do about it (examples: refinance to save money, share with friends via Facebook/Twitter integration, etc.).
This product delivers a relevant savings analysis for the customer (something they want), more loans for the institution (something you want), and increased trust between the two parties. It’s loan generation for the digital age.
Activities and Awards:
- ABA Bank Marketing Conference Advisory Board Member – 2012 – now
- BAI Retail Delivery Conference Presenter – 2011
- ABA Bank Marketing Conference Presenter – 2011
- Leadership Resources’ Business Development Award – 2011
- Ignite Lincoln Speaker – 2011
- ABA Bank Marketing Network Member – 2009 – Present
- ABA SBMM graduate with honors – 2010
- Eastridge Neighborhood Association Board Member – 2009-2011
- Nebraska Toastmasters Tall Tale Award – 2009
- Toastmasters Competent Communicator – 2009
- Copy or Concept Work for Hermes award, MarCom award, GDUSA.com award, and awards from the International Academy of the Visual Arts – 2007-2009
- UNL Mari Sandoz Short Story Prize – 2005