About the Site
ihelpbanks.com is designed to stimulate conversations about a variety of topics within the bank and credit union industries.
The main focus is marketing of products and services, customer acquisition, product positioning, and social media, but you’ll come to find that the site will bring in a wide variety of articles and opinions from all aspects of the financial services industry.
Essentially, if it involves banks or credit unions in any way, it’s fair game.
Mark Zmarzly is an accomplished marketing, business development, banking, and creative professional with demonstrated success solving customer acquisition, marketing, and profitability problems. He has worked with financial institutions from 1 branch up to 1,700+ branches in the areas of marketing, copywriting, account management, consulting, teaching, and sales.
He is a graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with a B.A. in organization communication studies and a M.A. in creative writing. He is also an honors graduate from the ABA School of Bank Marketing and Management.
He has presented at the ABA Bank Marketing Conference, the BAI Retail Delivery Conference, and also currently serves on the 2012 ABA Bank Marketing Conference Advisory Board.
Mr. Zmarzly is an active reader and commentator on issues facing the financial industry. Find his insights here and on Twitter @BankMarketing. He is also an open networker – connect with him using the LinkedIn button on page right.
Activities and Awards:
- ABA Bank Marketing Conference Advisory Board Member – 2012
- BAI Retail Delivery Conference Presenter – 2011
- ABA Bank Marketing Conference Presenter – 2011
- Leadership Resources’ Business Development Award – 2011
- Ignite Lincoln Speaker – 2011
- ABA Bank Marketing Network Member – 2009 – Present
- ABA SBMM graduate with honors – 2010
- Eastridge Neighborhood Association Board Member – 2009-2011
- Nebraska Toastmasters Tall Tale Award – 2009
- Toastmasters Competent Communicator – 2009
- Copy or Concept Work for Hermes award, MarCom award, GDUSA.com award, and awards from the International Academy of the Visual Arts – 2007-2009
- UNL Mari Sandoz Short Story Prize – 2005
About My Employer
I’m very lucky to serve as the Senior Vice President of Financial Services at ACTON Marketing in Lincoln, Nebraska. ACTON has excelled at financial services marketing since 1982 and has a wide variety of products and services to help banks and credit unions acquire more low-cost deposits, loans, relationships, etc.
I invite you to read more about us at www.actonfs.com or by clicking the “Services” tab above.